INDUSTRY'S FIRST HIGH AVAILABILITY (HA) DLT-tape LIBRARY
The P3000 Series automated DLTtape Library is designed to satisfy the extraordinary performance, capacity and accessibility requirements of data-intensive applications such as On Line Transaction Processing (OLTP), data warehousing and image archiving.
MASSIVE PERFORMANCE AND CAPACITY FOR DATA INTENSIVE APPLICATIONS
The P3000 delivers massive performance and capacity. A single P3000 module supports up to 16 DLT7000 drives and 326 cartridges for a native data transfer rate of 288 gigabytes per hour and a native capacity of 11.4 terabytes. The P3000 is the industry’s highest throughput DLTtape Library, enabling backup of up to 2.3TB (native) in a normal eight hour window.
HIGH AVAILABILITY (HA) DESIGN FOR CONTINUOUS ACCESS TO YOUR DATA
The P3000 library includes ATL's IntelliGrip precision cartridge handling system used in thousands of reliable ATL libraries. In addition, the P3000 is the first DLTtape library with High Availability (HA) features found in HA server and RAID systems. The multi-terabyte P3000 features redundant AC power sources, power supplies and fans, and single connector, hot-swap drives, power supplies and fans.
PRISM LIBRARY ARCHITECTURE FOR "FUTURE PROOF" STORAGE
Millions of PCs, workstation and servers are "future proof" because they are easily upgraded for specific applications with PCI bus, network and array adapters. ATL has harnessed the power of the PCI industry with its revolutionary Prism Library Architecture. The P3000 with Prism inside incorporates a PCI expansion bus to support the phased implementation of user-installable Fibre-Channel adapters, Gigabit network adapters, single-board computers and tape array controllers.
ERGONOMIC DESIGN AND POWERFUL TOOLS FOR EASY ADMINISTRATION AND SERVICE
In contrast to its intimidating performance and capacity, the P3000 sports an ergonomic design and friendly tool-set for easy system administration and service.
For local administration, the P3000's browser-like touch screen empowers users to configure, operate and diagnose the library with a simple touch of their finger. For remote administration, ATL's WebAdmin software allows library administration from anywhere on the World Wide Web.
Features and Benefits
- Up to 16 DLTtape drives, 326 cartridges plus a 12 cartridge load-port for enterprise class storage needs
- Up to 11.4 TB native capacity for growth into the future
- Up to 288 GB per hour native performance for high speed backup and restore
- Hot-swap tape drives, power modules and fans allow on-line component replacement
- Redundant AC power, power supplies and fans for high availability
- Moduler Prism Library Architecture
- Touch screen with browser-like graphical user interface
- Optional WebAdmin software for remote administration
- 12 cartridge load part with two removable 6-packs for on-line import/export
- Doors and windows for easy access and visibility
- Easy to install, no assembly on-site required
The P3000 Series features WebAdmin, web-based library administration software.